Thursday, June 17, 2010

Are sew-ins healthy for black hair?

To all of my black sisters out there, I am thinking about getting a sew-in. What do you all think? i have never worn extensions in my hair. this would be totally coming out of my comfort zone. but its gonna be so hot this summer.



Are sew-ins healthy for black hair?

It can be beneficial for your hair as long as you take care of it such as washing it and conditioning it too. Trust me, my mom's hair grew over 2 inches of new growth when she had sew-in hair, and I would recommend it because it lets your natural hair rest and grow too.



Are sew-ins healthy for black hair?

Sew-ins are not healthy because you would still need to wash and condition. They are good though in helping your hair to grow. If you do get one make sure you do a shampoo,hot oil treatment followed by a good leave-in conditioner. Most salons do this any way. Good-luck!!



Are sew-ins healthy for black hair?

I agree sew-in's can be damamging to the hair, especially to the edges, definately make sure you get it done by a professional. Also if you plan on wearing a weave for awhile, longer than a few weeks, definately get human hair because synthetic will dry your hair out.



Are sew-ins healthy for black hair?

I would suggest that if you just get the back done and leaving the front alone when you get it sewn in, the edges of your hairline wont be damaged that much than if you got your whole head in braids to get the extensions

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee