Thursday, June 17, 2010

What is the secret to great hair? besides the obvious healthy diet, exercise, water etc?

Random people come up to me at least every other week and tell me I have beautiful hair. Although flattering, it's strange. Here's what I do(besides the "obivous"):



Don't dye it.



Don't wash your hair too much. I only do it every 3-4 days on average. It keeps your scalp/hair from being stripped of essential oils.



Don't overbrush it. When I do brush it and I have a knot I hold the hair just above the knot to avoid breakage.



Don't blow dry it.



Use a moisturizing conditioner and shampoo.



Get a 3 minute deep moisture conditioner to use once a week.



When you wash it, make sure you massage your scalp to stimulate blood flow which will keep it healthy.



Make sure you rinse out all of the shampoo/conditioner.



Don't be rough when you towel dry it. I never rub it I just squeeze the water out of my hair and wrap my head in the towel.



What is the secret to great hair? besides the obvious healthy diet, exercise, water etc?

Keep your shampoos natural and don't ruin it by using a (hot) hair dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee